4th Grade Gold Rush Living History Program
NOW Accepting Reservations for 2022!
Prime Dates Are Going Fast!
California Gold Rush Living History Program
2 1/4 Hour Hands-On Learning Experience
Located in Santa Clarita
Learn about the history of the Gold Rush in your own backyard, not to mention the place where gold was first discovered in California. The first documented discovery of gold in California occurred in 1842 when Francisco Lopez, then a resident at Rancho San Francisco (Later known as Newhall Ranch), found the placer deposits in Placerita Canyon right here in Santa Clarita.
- Stake a Claim & Pan for GOLD!
- Meet with an Assayer
- Make butter in a mason jar
- Learn about rocks and minerals
- Make a candle
- Make adobe bricks
- Learn to live like an early settler
- Play pioneer games & MORE!
- 2.25 Hour program, Start times:9:45 a.m., 10:45 a.m., and 12:30 p.m.
- Archery, Ropes Course, Climbing Wall,
- Native American Show, Craft Projects, BBQ Meals & Overnight Experiences
- Picnic Areas Available Before or After Your Classes Program (Included)
Book TODAY! Our Calendar is Filling Up!!!
AM Program Rates 9:45 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. OR 10:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. $16.00 Per Student
PM Program Rates 12:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. $16.00 Per Student
Chaperones are $8 each.
Teachers are FREE!
*Base price before extra activities
Ask about special transportation prices from Brooks Transportation
- Youtube Video
- California DOE Standards Covered
- Driving Directions Bus and Chaperones
- Latest VT Ranch Gold Rush News
Meets Social Science Content Standards 4.3, 4.3.3, 4.3.5,4.4,4.4.2,4.4.3,4.4.4
Meets Earth Science Content Standards (4a, 4b, 5a, 5b and 5c); Investigation and Experimentation (6a)